2008 Range Rover key programming overview:
Original key: 3 button flip key
Key frequency: 433MHz
Key Chip: ID46
Door pick tool: HU101
CEM position: behind glove box
Key programmer: VVDI Prog, VVDI2
Status: All key lost
Result: programmed successfully
Step 1: Read CEM data.
1. Disassemble CEM which located behind the glove box from car, open the case.
2. Start VVDI Prog software, choose: Type > 4-immobilizer, brand > Land Rover, Chip > range rover CEM.
3. Click “connection diagram”, as per diagram to connect electronic board, read data and save the file.
Step 2: Make dealer key
1. Run VVDI2 software, choose “ immobilizer data tool” in left panel, car option: range over, Type option: range rover sport (CEM).
2. Click “ load EEPROM dump”, load file saved in step 1, then will appear key information and help info, choose an empty key position, click “make dealer key”.
3. After key made ok, save the new file.
Step 3: Write new file back to CEM
1. Start VVDI prog software, choose: 4-immobilizer > land rover > range rover CEM, open the new file saved in step 2.
2. Click “ write”, then programming done.
3. Assemble CEM back to car, start the car with programmed key, successful.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.