Many locksmiths feedback it’s a big risk to program key for Nissan which equipped with BCM #4BY1A as programming failure is common, once first programming failed, very hard to reprogram again as the car will shut down the system and power off. In this post we will share a guide to program 2014 Nissan X-trail which all smart key is lost and BCM is #4BY1A. Hope this post can help locksmith to improve the success rate of programming this kind of car.
- Connect OBDSTAR X300 with car’s OBD port. Close car doors, start X300, go to: immobilizer > Nissan > 20 digital pin code > 2013 X-trail.
- Press start button once, then open and close the door once.
- Hold the key fob to press the start button once ( the fob end with logo to press the button), then Place the smart key flat on the start button for more than 5 seconds, and pay attention to whether the middle of the dash is lit and displayed: The key system is activated, if yes, turn the ignition off (just remove the key from the start button).
- Programmed success, click yes to program next key. Hold another key fob to press the start button once( the fob end with logo to press the button), then Place the smart key flat on the start button for more than 5 seconds, turn the ignition off (just remove the key from the start button).
- Programmed success, click no to stop programming next key, then hold the first smart key to press the start button once and start for more than 3 seconds.
- Why the dash not light up? It is because the key was not detected when the key fob placed on the start button, learning overtime, the car will shut down the system and cut off the power.
- Please keep in mind that some keys look same but they are different, please make sure you have the right key. The new model X-trail smart key is special.
- When programming the key, we must pay attention to the dash security light. When attaching a new unregistered key to the start button, if the security light is always on, we must immediately replace the original key fob to place on the start button. Otherwise, if repeatedly fail to learn this way, the BCM will be locked, communication will fail, the dash will not be lit up, and will no longer be able to learn the keys.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.