A 2010 Mercedes-Benz C200, the wiper failed, and the automatic headlamp function didn’t work. After checking the relevant lines, no fault was found. It was confirmed that the front SAM module was damaged. Replace SAM module and program with MS908P, the vehicle function was restored normal, troubleshooting.
What is SAM? SAM stands for Signal Acquisition Module, receives data from sensors, switches, and controllers, and can send data, actuate (activate) components and monitor systems. The SAM modules controls many features including wipers, headlamps, turn signals, fog lamps, horns, etc.
How to program SAM module? Below are the steps.
1. Connect MS908S with car via OBD port, enter car “Benz” by identify VIN.
2. Select “programming” in main menu.
3. Confirm the vehicle configuration and click "Continue" if there are no errors. If there is an error, please modify it according to the actual configuration.
4. Choose “front SAM”.
5. Select “ control unit trial run”.
6. Read the prompts carefully and click "Continue" to start programming.
7. Start reading control unit data and programming "front SAM module". (Note: During programming, make sure the vehicle voltage is stable and the network connection is good)
8. The programming of the front SAM module is completed, and the programming of the "central gateway module" begins.
9. After programming, start to coding "front SAM module" and "central gateway module".
10. The programming and coding complete, the diagnostic program automatically clears the fault code. Test the car, the functions return to normal, faults fixed.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.