The Audi owner feedbacks the key won’t turn in the ignition and won’t pull out frequently. Below is the diagnose process and solution we do.
- Test driving many times, the fault reappeared, the key is stuck in ignition, even shake the shift lever.
- No warning message or light appear in dashboard.
- Connect the diagnose tool with car, no fault code read.
- Principle: (shift lever E313) P gear lock switch signal F319 → steering column control unit J527 → key anti-pulling solenoid N376.
- Check the P gear lock first and find that the P-lock button is short-circuited or often closed, causing a malfunction.
- Replace the shift lever assembly and test the car, the fault disappear.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.