We have shared some posts about TPMS light on, the causes of fault are different in each case, and in this post we will a more case about this fault. It’s a 2013 Jeep Cherokee which TMPS light is on, but the pressure value of each tire is normal in the dashboard. Check following fix procedure.
1. Connect scan tool Autel MS908 with car, read a fault code: C151D tire pressure sensor location undetermined.
2. Check the tire pressure sensor: use TPMS tool TS508 to activate sensors one by one, find all the sensors work normally, and the sensor ID are same as recorded in body control module.
3. There are two ways to do position relearn for this car, one is automatic relearn, and the other is OBD relearn. In order to verify whether the information of the sensor is actually learned to BCM module, a inflation test is performed for each tire. During the inflation process, the change in the tire pressure value of the instrument is observed. As the air pressure increases, the value displayed by the vehicle instrument also changes, the value of the 4 tires is increased, as shown in the below photo, when it is added to 2.4Kpa, the dashboard displays 2.4Kpa synchronously.
4. Going through the information, learned that in addition to the tire pressure sensor, Chrysler's tire pressure monitoring system also installed a receiver connection near each tire, which is mainly used to determine the sensor's front, rear, left and right orientation. The problem of the sensor itself has been eliminated, the air pressure display is normal, and the BCM module problems are basically eliminated. The problem is locked on the receiver connection of each tire.
5. In general, Chrysler vehicles only have three receivers. According to the signals received by the three receivers, the computer board determines the signal of the last receiver. In order to verify whether this is the cause, we lift the vehicle and check the chassis wiring harness.
6. It is found that there is no wire harness on the right front wheel, and there are corresponding wire harnesses on the other three tire positions, and the appearance of the wire harness is normal. It can be inferred the right front wheel does not have a receiver.
7. We started to lock the problem to the receivers of the other three tires, dismantled the inner bushings of the other three wheels in turn, inspected the receiver, and when disassembled to the left rear wheel, we found that the receiver of the left rear wheel was missing, And there are water marks on the harness.
8. Replace a new receiver, drive for about 15 minutes, the tire pressure light is off. Read the fault again, the fault code can be erased, and the problem is successfully resolved.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.