There are many reasons can cause tire pressure light on, and we also shared two cases in previous posts:
In this post we will discuss tire pressure loss again, check our real case with below details.
Model: BMW F18
“Rear right tire pressure loss, stop carefully” message on the screen while driving. Check that the tire pressure is really low, but can't find the leak point at the tire repair shop!
1. Set the tire pressure to the standard. After two days of test running, the right rear wheel loses pressure. Check that the tire pressure is 1 bar lower than the standard value. It indicates that the vehicle tire pressure monitoring system is working normally.
2. Focus on the right rear tire, the car is 1300 kilometers, the tire is almost new. There are no studs or cracks on the tire surface. Use soapy water to find the leak point on the tire, but nothing found. The tread, sidewall, and valve are not leaked. The tire pressure hits 4 bar. After standing for 1 hour, the pressure is still 4 bar! Is the tire airtight?
3. It may be that the steel wheel is deformed, and the dynamic balance check of the tire is not deformed visually, and the balance value is zero.
4. Put the tire back on the car. After 1 hour, check that the tire pressure has decreased by 0.9bar. Put the tire back on the car. After 1 hour, check that the tire pressure has decreased by 0.9 bar. Check with soapy water and find that there is an air leak at the tire balance block.
5. Remove the original balance block. Disassemble and assemble tire again, then use new adhesive tire balance block for dynamic balancing.
6. The test run did not leak after balance block replacement, and the customer did not feedback pressure loss after driving some days.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.