Our mechanic succeeded in programming smart key for 2017 Ford Mustang via OBD port without disassembling, and the details we will share in this post.
1. Connect Autel MK808TS with car via OBD port, go to: diagnostics > Ford > manual selection > Ford > US area > Mustang > 2015 – 2019.
2. Select: smart key > smart key system (CAN) > add smart key.
3. Follow the prompts to continue, turn on the ignition, the dash light will be off which is normal.
4. Wait 3-10 minutes, after getting the number of programmed keys on the vehicle, put the new key need to be programmed into the key slot.
5. Click “enter” to start the key programming.
6. Programming complete, Number of keys currently programmed: 4.
7. Program succeed, program next one? Click “No”.
8. Test the keys to start the car one by one, the remote function of key automatic generated. Finish.
Note: Ford vehicles usually need to register two keys to start the vehicle
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.