The Vios is an entry-level family model designed and developed by Toyota specifically for the Asian market, here share some methods for 2010 toyota Vios with 4D60 G chip, including manual add keys, all key lost programming and immobilizer reset
Method 1: manual add key
1. The master key is required. Open driver’s side door, close other 3 doors, insert and pull out the master key to ignition five times, key finally stay in LOCK position.
2. Close and open driver’s side door 6 times.( close-open-close-open-close-open)
3. take the master key from ignition and insert a new one in 10 seconds, do not turn on.
4. new key will be learned after 60 seconds, security light will be off, that is add keys successfully. If the light still on, do these steps again and note insert and pull key, close and open door in 1 second.
Method 2: all key lost, reset immobilizer
If master key is lost, manual add keys is not available, have to write the key to start. Frist disassemble the engine ECU which located in front of blower that under the dash, open ECU and find the 8-pin EEPROM chip 93C66.
Step 1 : read data with key programmer like Yanhua key master, CG100 and VVDI Prog etc. Save and backup file.
Step 2: modify the data like this: the bytes in red area all replace with the first and second bytes of the row 000, for example 51E0 in row 000 in below photo, then all the bytes in red area replace with 7011, other bytes remain.
The data will be like below after modifying. Save the data.
Step 3: Write the modified data to EEPROM chip with Yanhua key mater, CG100 and VVDI Prog etc. Solder the eeprom back to ECU, assemble the engine ECU to car.
Step 4: if add 3 keys, do following steps:
- Insert master key, security light flash one time, pull out the key, security light will be on status.
- Insert master key, security light flash two times, pull out the key, security light stays on.
- Insert secondary key, security key flash three times, pull out the key, security light stays on.
Finish. Note: just insert the key, no need to turn it on, pull out after 3 seconds.
If only add one key, do the following:
Insert key to ignition, do not turn on, wait 5 seconds and security light keep on and shall be off after 5 seconds, pull out the key, then insert again, turn it on 6 times, the security light will be off, then start the car. if cannot start, need to do synchronize process use Short cable or paper clip to connect the 4th pin and 13th pin of the OBD and turn ON the ignition, many light in Dash panel will start flashing, it means the process is going smoothly. Wait for 45 minutes, turn off the ignition and remove the cable.
How to active remote key fob?
Step 1: open the driver’s side door, close other 3 doors.(turn on central lock)
Step 2: insert key to ignition and pull the key twice( insert-pull-insert-pull)
Step 3: Close and open driver’s side door twice(close-open-close-open)
Step 4: insert key to ignition and pull out.
Step 5: close and open driver’s door twice.(close-open-close-open)
Step 6: insert key to ignition, close the driver’s side door, turn the key on, then back to LOCK, pull the key, central lock automatic lock and open twice indicates entering the active mode,
Step 7: push lock and unlock button on key fob at the same time in 3 seconds, then push any button in 1 second, central lock automatic lock and open one time indicate the process going well.
Step 8: Pull the key, close the door, test the key fob.
DISCLAIMER: The technology and software in the blog are only used for technical research and auto repair, and are not allowed to be used for illegal purposes, We will not be responsable for any direct and indirect damages from the use of the file created by this page.